As soon as the Sun hits Scorpio, it's time for aphrodisiacs! If you know any Scorpios, it should come as no surprise that this sexy sign rules the reproductive organs. The following foods and recipes are especially for these natives, but while the Sun is in this sensuous sign through November 22, there is no better time for all signs to learn about Scorpio, romance, and to turn on their own smoldering, playful side.
While these foods actually have medicinal benefits for the reproductive organs, they're also perfect for Halloween, Day of the Dead and for the special season when romance can bring light to the darker time of the year. Serve them at your festive party, or at any special party for two!
Chocolate has long been considered a romance enhancer, and rightly so. It contains the mood-lifting hormones Phenylethylamine and Serotonin, which elevate the levels naturally found in the brain, increasing feelings of excitement. Ancient Aztec and Mayan civilizations discovered the mighty cacao bean and its aphrodisiac properties long before the rest of the world. Montezuma, emperor of the Aztecs, recognized the potency of drinking a beverage made of the beans and consumed massive amounts daily, but forbade his numerous wives from indulging, lest they be aroused by another! Feeding bits of chocolate by hand to the object of your affection is sure to set the mood.
Ginger is powerful as an aphrodisiac and can increase one's prowess as it stimulates the circulatory system, flooding sensitivity to the reproductive centers. It contains zingiberene and gingerols giving the flavor of seduction to all cuisines. The ancient Kama Sutra touts ginger as one of the aphrodisiacs most potent to lovemaking. All Scorpios and any other sign seeking help in amorous adventures should always have ginger on hand.
**See Sabra's Ginger Chocolate Crème Brûlée Recipe Below
The name alone can illicit the idea of romance and sensuousness! Passion fruit are the small edible globes from the passion flower vines prevalent in the rain forests of the Amazon, where it is eaten out-of-hand or used in many delicious dishes. Not only loved by the human population, the animal population is also crazy for passion fruit. Who knew they were up on the aphrodisiac properties of foods? The tiny seeds of the passion fruit represent fertility and that says it all! Scorpios and all other signs alike should hit the exotic fruit market, especially while the Scorpio Sun shines on everyone!
**See Sabra's Passion Fruit Bar Recipe Below
Sabra's Ginger Chocolate Crème Brûlée
If you have ever enjoyed chocolate covered crystallized ginger, you will love this combo!
3 cups heavy cream
1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
6 egg yolks
1 cup sugar, plus 12 tablespoons
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 teaspoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325º. Heat 2 cups heavy cream in heavy-bottomed pan with vanilla bean seeds and ginger over medium heat until it reaches a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until melted. Let sit another five minutes.
2. Beat egg yolks and 1 cup sugar together until pale yellow.
3. Place 8 4-ounce ramekins in a large baking dish.
4. Strain the chocolate mixture through a sieve. Whisk a small amount into egg mixture, stirring constantly to temper eggs. Pour the rest of the mixture in and mixing thoroughly. Pour into a large measuring pitcher.
5. Pour custard into the ramekins. Fill baking dish with hot water until it comes halfway up sides of ramekins. Carefully transfer to oven and bake approximately 30 to 35 minutes or until firm. Remove from water bath and let cool and then refrigerate until serving.
6. Mix 1 cup of heavy cream in a chilled stainless steel mixing bowl on medium-high with an electric mixer until peaks form. Add 11 tablespoons of the remaining sugar and vanilla extract and continue to mix on until stiff.
7. Remove custards from refrigerator and sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon of sugar and caramelize with a propane blow-torch. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with ginger. Serve immediately.
Sabra's Passion Fruit Bars
This is a wonderful twist on a classic dessert and perfect for those intimate dinners with that special someone. You can feed them to one another and leave the rest to your imagination.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
6 ounces cold butter, cut into small cubes
6 egg yolks
2 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup passion fruit puree
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325º. Mix all the ingredients for the crust in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment on low speed until mixture is crumbly. Press into the bottom of a 9-by13-pan to form a crust. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Add egg yolks and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment and mix on medium until pale yellow. Add passion fruit, water, and flour and continue to mix until smooth. Pour passion fruit mixture over crust and bake for 30-35 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Get more delicious insight with a Life Cycle Tarot Reading from Tarot.com!