Effective January 17, 2017; Last Updated: October 15, 2020
DailyHoroscope.com may gather information for the following reasons:
Zappallas does not publish text, images, or multimedia content that portray nudity, foul language, violence or other data not suitable for children. Our Platforms are not directed to children under the age of 16. Where we discover that personal information of an individual under 16 has been provided to us, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our systems. We are committed to complying with applicable privacy laws and adhering to appropriate measures to ensure security of personal data.
Data We Collect From You
Data You Provide Directly. We collect data directly from you when you register on our Platforms, personalize your account or pay for services or products through our Platforms. For instance, when you create an account with us you may be required to provide a name, email address and birthdate in order for us to provide you with products and services through our Platforms. In addition, to provide you with a more individualized experience, like a personalized horoscope, astrology, tarot or numerology report, you may wish to provide your birth location, zip code, astrological sign, gender, and other related data. Where you choose to purchase products or services, including Karma Coins® tokens, gift certificates and expert readings, we will collect payment card data such as your credit card number, expiration date and billing address, but this data is sent directly to our payment processors and is never stored or otherwise retained by Zappallas. Payments may also be processed using PayPal and those payments are processed in accordance with the terms of your account with PayPal.
How We Use Your Data
We use your data to operate and improve our website and services, to provide you with products and services you have requested including order fulfillment and associated payment processing, responding to inquiries or customer service requests, sending information to you including invoices, confirmations and updates, administering your account, displaying content based upon your interests and to protect against, investigate and deter any unauthorized, illegal or fraudulent activity. In addition, we may use your data to market our products, Platforms, promotions, and offers which we feel you may find interesting, provided you have not opted out of receiving such data or, where required by law, we have your express consent. We may also use your data to understand general customer trends and patterns and improve our Platforms.
When We Share Your Data
Third Party Service Providers. We may disclose your personal data to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf including third parties that process payments; send marketing communications on our behalf; help us create or maintain our databases or help us research or analyze use of our Platforms. We require that our service providers get your prior consent to use your data to market their own products or services to you directly. When we transfer any of your personal data to a service provider, the provider will be contractually required to use your data only to carry out the services we have requested, to provide appropriate protection of your data and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Third Party Partners. We may share data with our third-party partners including advertising partners. When we do, we will either aggregate (combine the data of numerous people together so that the data does not identify you) or de-identify (remove or change data to prevent association with you) your personal data so that the third party will not be able to associate that data to you, your computer, or your device.
To Comply with Legal Process. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We reserve the right to disclose your personal data as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us.
Third Parties to a Business Transaction. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal data will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via prominent notice on our Platforms for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal data.
Where we want to share data with third parties not described above, we will obtain your consent to do so.
How We Store And Secure Your Data
Zappallas will take appropriate precautions to protect personal data in our possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We are committed to complying with applicable privacy laws and adhering to appropriate measures to ensure security of personal data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Updating Or Making Choices About Your Data
If your personal data changes or if you no longer desire to use our Platforms, you may correct, update, or delete data about you by logging into your account profile on the applicable Service and making changes within your account settings. You may also email us or contact us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days of receiving the request.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your Twitter® or other SNS account linked to your Platforms account, you must de-link the SNS by logging into your profile for such SNS and changing your preferences. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how to adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between our Platforms and your social media account.
You can choose to stop receiving personalized emails, promotional emails and newsletters from us at any time simply by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or newsletter, or by logging into your profile on the applicable Platform and changing your account preferences. Please note that in order for us to continue servicing your account, you cannot opt out of receiving service related emails regarding your account or your transactions with us.
We will retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide the Platforms. We will retain and use your data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
At this time, our Platforms do not support "Do Not Track" preferences that may be available in your browser. For more information about Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
We are proud to offer our Platforms to individuals around the world. Individuals who reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), including Switzerland and the United Kingdom (UK), have additional rights granted under local privacy laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Data Protection Act and/or ePrivacy Directive. This section details those additional rights and information on how to exercise them:
• You may request to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information based on information collected from accessing our Platforms.
• You may request additional information related to the purposes for which we process your personal information, the categories of personal information we process, where we originally collected the information, who we share it with, and how long we will retain it.
• You may object to our processing of your personal information, request that we restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability.
• You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send to you. You may also opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal or telemarketing).
• Where we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
• Upon your request, and where it is technically feasible, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information or transmit it directly to another controller.
• You have the right to submit a complaint to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authorities. Contact details are available here.
• You have the right to request that we provide you with the categories of personal information and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected, stored and shared about you and how we obtained that information.
• You have the right to request that we delete personal information we, or our service providers, store about you.
• You may request that we not sell your personal information; however, as noted previously, we do not sell your personal information.
• You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
• Please see the “Identity Verification Requirement” section below for more information on our process for verifying that we have received a legally valid request.
We are required by law to verify that any request submitted was made by someone with the legal right to access the information. Therefore, before we can give access to or provide any information based upon to a data subject access request, we may request that you provide us with additional information so we can verify your identity and legal authority.
To make a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Personal Information Request” in the subject line and provide us with full details in relation to your request, including your contact information and any other detail you feel is relevant. We will provide a response to any access request within the timeframe required by law. If we cannot substantively respond in a timely manner, we will notify you and provide you with the reason for the delay.
Under certain circumstances we may not be able to fulfill your request, such as where doing so would interfere with our regulatory or legal obligations, where we cannot verify your identity, or if your request involves disproportionate cost or effort; in any event, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame and as required by law, and provide you an explanation.
7412 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Suite 102
Portland, Oregon 97225